Preparing For Fall Storms
Getting your home ready for cooler temperatures and stormy weather for fall is wise, whether you are a homeowner, a business owner, or both. Weather may be unpredictable during the fall in Kenosha, Wisconsin, but you won’t have to worry about it if you start to prepare now. Here at SERVPRO of South Kenosha County, we have some preparation suggestions for you to consider:
- Remove dead leaves and debris form your gutters and drainpipes. This will prevent clogging during the wet weather. Drain all outdoor faucets ahead of freezing weather as soon as possible.
- While late summer is not the time to heavily prune trees and bushes, it is a good time to remove any branches that are dead or look like they could become dangerous during a fall storm. If you have a tree that you think may be dead or dying, contact an arborist to come and look at it. If it is dead and near your home, you will want to have it removed before anything happens during a storm.
- Examine all your windows and doors for cracks. If you find any, have them sealed so that you can stay warm and save energy this winter. You’ll be saving both time and money!
- A roof inspection ahead of cold weather will tell you if your roof needs any attention before any fall storms. Loose shingles can be replaced more easily when its warm and dry outside. If you have siding on your home, look it over for any loose sections; fall storms bring wind that can create problems.
- Make sure your entry walkways are in good shape with out any buckling or crumbling. When the surround ground is wet it can compromise cement, causing it to crack and split.
If you need help with preparing your home for storm season, you can give us a call. We have the experience and skills needed to take care of your property to keep them safe. We can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, too! 262-332-7044.