Prepare for a Storm NOW
There are eight simple things that you can do NOW to prepare your home and help reduce the potential damage caused by severe storms.
- Maintain your yard and balcony. Store away items that could blow around if strong winds occur.
- Clean your gutters, down spouts and drains to prevent blockages.
- Trim trees and branches that could potentially fall on your home.
- Fix any damage to your roof.
- Check to make sure your insurance policy is current and adequate.
- Make a Home Emergency Plan for your family that outlines what you would do in an emergency.
- Prepare an emergency kit with essentials incase you lose power or need to leave home in an emergency.
- Listen to your local radio station and other media for weather warnings.