Are you Covered For That Loss?
WOWZERS! Those storms really hit hard last week! Storms this bad don’t come often, but when they do, we want you to be prepared!
Have you made sure your insurance policy is up to date with full coverage for your needs? Are you under insured or not insured for sump pump coverage? Did you find this out after the storm tore through this town?
As we talk with our local insurance agents, we remind our agents the importance of this coverage. We have been around the block a few too many times. Our job is to see what is happening out in the field and relay that to the insurance agents to ensure we are both taking care of our clients. Sharing experiences, job photos, and damage cost, shows them why this really is important for both of our clients. It is a team effort for all of us to be taken care of. Give the professionals the chance to make sure things are done right.
Minor things that can assist in a storm event:
- Keeping an eye out for your sump pump: during a storm, check on it every hour or so
- Do not forget about your neighbors, especially if it is their second home
- Check your gutters for clogged debris
- Move contents to a higher location to prevent secondary damage
- Consider a generator: this can be a tremendous asset if the power is out
- Have a back up battery operated sump pump that can kick in when power goes out
- Mop up standing water
- Use a wet/dry vacuum if needed
If your basement needs restoration, give us a call